Summer is the most Yang season of the year. For humans, this is a period of vigorous metabolism. The body’s Yang Qi exuded, and it is most easily vented. Fuyin is inside, and the circulation of qi and blood are correspondingly speeding up.
Having A Positive Energy In Sweet-tempered To Relieve The Intense Heat
Gua Sha in summer can strengthen our heart function, increase the protection and nourishment, fully energized, prevent heart diseases, promote the diseases getting recovery, and having a good effect on first-aid of sunstroke, relaxing mind, and easing temper.
Hence, how can we cure or smooth the summer discomforts by Gua Sha?
In the past, Gua Sha was mainly used for Sha syndrome, but now it is mostly used to treat summer and autumn diseases, such as heatstroke, exogenous diseases and gastrointestinal diseases. “Sha syndrome” mostly occurs in summer and autumn, with sudden onset, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, swelling pain at chest and abdomen, and even vomiting and diarrhea.
Massage parts: backside, chest flanks, limbs
- Scrape the back, can invigorate the spleen and stomach, dispel dampness and soothe the nerves;
- Scrape the flanks, can enhance the heart function, with full of energy;
- Scrape the limbs, can activate the meridians, eliminate joint pain and limbs numbness, etc.
- Scrape your back. Take both sides of the spine and use paralleled scraping method, from top to bottom, scrape to the back bladder.
- Scrape the flanks. Scrape the projection area of left chest, left spleen and pancreas surface, from inside to outside with parallel way.
- Scrape the limbs meridian points. Parallelly scraping from top to botton.
We suggest each part scraping 3 or 5 times, 10 mins around, practicing once a day or two days.
Supplementary massages for health care
Massage position: Fenglong acupoint
- Get a seat, the calf is at a 90 degree angle to the thigh
- Use your thumb or index finger to press and rub the Fenglong acupoint
- Press for 1-3 minutes each time, twice a day
Since the acupoint parts are sensitive, so it would be normal if you feel a slight pain when massaging the Fenglong acupoint. As for the pressing force, it can be adjusted by your ability to withstand.
Tips to keep health by gua sha in summer
- In summer, the human body sweats a lot, with open pores, and is easily attacked by wind and cold. Therefore, you can’t just care about your immediate comfort, avoid heat and cool down too much.
- When sleeping, cover your chest and abdomen with a thin blanket or towel to prevent cold.
- Usually eat more foods that can clear away heat, eliminate dampness, and detoxify, such as watermelon, bitter gourd, peach, strawberry, tomato, mung bean, etc.